Top African Music Artists from Cameroon
African Music Artists making waves across the continent:. Nigerian music, movies, comedy just about anything with the tag “Naija” has dominated and still dominating in the continent Africa. From the clergies: T.B Joshua, Pastor Chris, Bishop David Oyedepo, to even the native doctors(babalawos) Nigerians are at the zenith of it all. Nigerian musicians like Psqaure, with an estimated net worth of $128.0 million, can stand face to face Jay Z and other big names in Hollywood. If there’s on country in Africa that fits right as a square spec in the square hole dug in Africa entertainment scenery by Nigerians; that country is Cameroon.
CB presents to you top 20 Cameroonians Music Artists Africa should know. These are dynamic, talented and diversified young Cameroonian artists upholding the Country’s musical banner and can man any competition coming from Nigeria and other African countries. Some of these artists like Stanley Enow and Daphne are well known across Africa and are leaving their footprints on the worldwide stage.
These artists in their own ways are gradually taking Cameroon back to her days of glory where Makossa used to rule the continent. “Mboa” and “Mboko” are the evolved and modernized versions of Cameroon music; perfect blends of: English, French, pidgin English, local parlance, jargon, culture, tradition with traces of westernization. Unique and different, Mboa Hip Hop. Mboa Pop, Mboa R&B have already taken over the whole of Central Africa and fast penetrating East and West Africa. With all that said, these are 20 top Cameroonians Pushing the Mboa and Mboko Brands worldwide:
CB’s Ranking is based on: International Awards and nominations, International Shows and concepts, National awards and nominations, Video Views on YouTube, Count of number of blog posts having the artist’s name as topic, Counts on search engines when the artist name is used as a keyword and only for new school artists. Petit Pays and other old Musicians are excluded! Statistics drawn from 2008 – 2017.
- STANLEY ENOW: Stanley Enow, AKA “King Kong”, “Bayangi Boy” is the undisputed Rap King Of Central Africa and among top 20 at continental level. Motherland’s Prodigy who beat Nigerian Phyno and Olamide at the MAMA Awards 2014 organised in Durban South Africa and was crowned the “best new act”. It was really a historic win as it opened new doors and paved the way for the entire Cameroonian Music industry. Nigerian top Artists like Banky W couldn’t believe a Cameroonian could win such a prestigious award over Nigerians and went about ranting on twitter. Stanley Enow is the most successful Cameroonian new school artists in terms of money, awards and international exposure. King Kong has featured many power-kings in his songs, the likes of Ghanaian MIC-God Sakordie, South Africa’s AKA, Nigeria’s Ice Prince, Congolese’ Biz Ice, Nigeria’s DJ Neptune, and the Almighty TuFace; among many others. Won more than 10 awards both at the international and national levels. No one in their right senses, beyond reasonable doubts, regardless of being envious and jealous, will deny Stanley Enow the first spot when ranking Cameroonian new school artists.
- DAPHNE Beautiful, intelligent and blessed with a voice that is on a class of its own. Everything being equal, Daphne is a versatile celebrity comparable to Yemi Alade and Tiwa savage of Nigeria. She sings excellently in French and English, Douala, Kenyang and other local languages from several tribes in Cameroon. Best Central Africa Female artist as declared by the organizers of Afrimma awards 2016 in the USA. She just stops the countdown each time she gets off the studio…
- JOVI Also Known as “Mboko god”, Jovi Le Monstre is the most respected Rapper within Cameroon for his lyrics. Most fans consider his pen to be alien as each time it touches paper it breaths wisdom. He is actually the point where the old and the new meet! Jovi is the inventor of modern Mboko brand of music. Mboko was originally created by late Lapiro de Mbanga. Mboko is simply a perfect blend of street French, English and hard core local jargon and Jovi represents its perfection.
- MR LEO Mr Leo is among the idiosyncratic talents holding the main pillar of Cameroonian Music industry. Award winning artist, brand Ambasador of Itel and the face of most billboards across the country. He is from the English speaking part of Cameroon, but much loved by fans for blending French and English in his songs. Mr Leo has already dominated central Africa and looking forward to the bigger competition with West and East African Artists. With every bit of his creativity, Mr Leo is equal to any competition that can come from the entire continent. Watch his latest Video below:
- RENISS The La Sauce Queen; Reniss, couldn’t be omitted on this list even-though its a very tight list, she deserves the 5th spot. She is also a banner carrier of the music genre Mboko and Mboa, just coming back from her Europe tour which was explosive and she had the chance to acquire more European Fans.
- LOCKO Locko started his career by producing covers of popular videos and in the process built a reliable Fan-base known as ” Lockomotives” who have been very supportive and instrumental to his growth as a Musician. Locko later decided to get full time into the industry by producing singles like, ” Margo”, “Ndutu”, “Sawa Romance” and “Supporter”. With these singles, Locko succeeded in consolidating his position among top Cameroonian Artists. He was called to feature in Stanley Enow’s “Bounce”, which gave his career the much needed international bounce and thence, he was nominated as best new Comer at Afrimma 2016, performed side by side the great Stanley Enow on the Afrimma Stage in the US. Locko is now a force to reckon with. Watch the video of Supporter featuring CB’s Cameroonian number 3 artist, Mr. Leo:
- FRANKO Franko is another Cameroonian Rapper from the French Speaking Part of the country. Got into the spotlight after his ‘Coller La Petite’ single was banned in some regions of Cameroon for promoting immorality. The ban gave the Video a massive Youtube visit and worldwide buzz which awarded Franko his much deserved stardom. At the time of writing this post, the video of Coller La Petite had a total of 46,433,941 views on YouTube and still counting. Watch his latest Video Below:
- MIC MONSTAMolua Alous Mosima also know as Mic Monsta found his light earlier in 2010 by doing Covers just like Locko for popular Videos. Mic Monsta really did well with covers like, “N word”, “Vector”, “Njorku” among others. He was later on called by Liinx to feature in his single, ” K-Town” which happened to be an anthem dedicated to Kumba, a commercial town in the Southwest Region of the country where the artists hailed from. Mic Monsta delivered perfectly in his flow and rhymes, much appreciated by Fans in Kumba, but was heavily criticised by haters saying: he can only feature in other people’s songs, do covers and couldn’t do his own unique song. To the dismay and disappointment of the haters, Mic Monsta replied with his single, “FEAR”! It was the bomb, before Fans and haters could digest and understand the deep meaning of the lyrics, Mic Monsta made known his Kwata State of Mind with the Video below
- TZY PANCHAKAnother Bayangi boy; Etah Tambe “Tzy Panchak” Nyenti, born February 27th 1990 is an African singer and song writer. Born and raised in Kumba, Cameroon, he performed in various singing and dancing competitions as a child. Upon his graduation from secondary school in Kumba, he relocated to Nigeria where he got his Bachelors in Computer Engineering from the Cross River State University of Technology. While in university, he wrote and recorded several songs as a hobby, but once he graduated he decided to pursue a professional career out of it and currently he is among top 20 Artists in Cameroon because of his tremendous contribution to the growth of the Industry.
- ASKIA KARINAskia Karin is an unbelievable Female Rapper from the English Speaking Part of Cameroon and also a banner carrier of the MBOA-MBOKO-HIPHOP . Super talented and sometimes considered harder than most Cameroonian male Rappers! Queen Askia is one name for a gorgeous Female Rapper from Cameroon, the world should know. Undoubtedly among Top 5 female rappers in Africa and she keeps improving with time. Africa be on the watch for Askia!
- SALATIELIf you think of the word indispensable, then it will be Salatiel. The Ultimate, the King Of Beats in Cameroon and proud CEO of Alpha Better Records, he has proven time without number how important he is in the music industry. He is ranked for both his personal talent and for promoting and producing prominent artists like Mr. Leo and Askia Karin.
- BIG G BABABig G Baba is known for his unique flow and commanding style. He has imposed on the public his talent both in lyrics and clip quality. He is one hell of a rapper Africa and the world need to know, watch his latest video below:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7BssXGKT0A
- MAGASCOThe Usher Raymond of Cameroon, the Mboa R&B King; Magasco AKA Bamenda Boy is a pioneer of the anglophone music industry who made his name in 2008. The Bamenda boy just won’t relent. He has remained relevant since he came into the industry way back. With singles like: “Wule bang bang”, “All Vip” and “Belinda”, Magasco has sealed his position as one of the best New school artist of all time.
- MEL B AKWEN This beauty and damsel of the people has never disappointed Cameroonians ever since her emergence into the spotlight. signed to Pionaire music based in Molyko, Buea, Mel B is known and appreciated for her voice and creativity! CB ranks her at the 14th position and prepare to propel her to the international scene and stages. Africa and the world ought to know her and appreciate her arts.
- AMBEAmbe Tebong Neba was born in Bamenda, North West Region of Cameroon. He’s another prolific African-Mboa-HipHop musician and songwriter. It’s impossible to talk about the emerging Cameroonian Mboa-HipHop music scene without mentioning his name. Bravo to his entire team…
- BLANCHE BAILEYSexy and Beautiful Diva Blanche Bailey made her way to the top of the Cameroonian spotlight with her single, ” Kam We stay”. An award winning song-tress, known for her beautiful voice and her killer-curves, she’s fast becoming a natural export from Cameroon to the rest of Africa and the world. Her debut single, “Kam We Stay” was much acclaimed in Cameroon and other neighboring countries like Nigeria. Africa should expect much from these goddess from Cameroon. She comes with a complete package.
- TENOR Tenor is among top French speaking African Music Artists (Rapper) from the French Speaking Part of Cameroon, one of the most consistent rappers in Cameroon with a huge fan-base and made his way to the spotlight after the released of the single” Do le Dab”. The Single made rounds All over Central Africa and still consider his best song ever by many fans. With his charismatic and crazy swag, Africa should Expect nothing short of perfection from this young dynamic Francophone Artist who was recently called to Feature in Mani Bella’s ” Déranger”. Watch the Video below:
- ZINNIAZinnia is among Award winning African Music Artists, she’s based in Nigeria. After winning her “Muzig Star” Award organised by Les Brasseries Du Cameroun, she went underground and resurfaced with the official Video Of Bongo Remix Featuring Cameroon’s number one artist; Stanley Enow. Her Latest single making waves in Cameroon and Nigeria is “MADAM MAKOSSA” featuring Cameroonian most prolific female Rapper; Askia Karin. Anticipate the release of her work in progress, “COLO”.
- SKIDI BOY
Much loved by his Fans for his single “Yaounde” in which he expressed and exposed prevailing sociopolitical situations in a very centralized Cameroon. He expressed the people’s concerns of no matter who you are or your relatives, if you do not have any connection in the Country’s Capital City, ” Yaounde” then you are simply wasting your time. Skidi Boy, From Kumba in the South West Region of Cameroon, is also known for his unique flow and Lyrics, and CB sees and ranks him among top 20 Cameroonian NMusicians.
- MISTER ELADMr. Elad made it to the lamplight with his single, ” Chakara” and he even became more popular after he did the remix of the song with one of Nigeria’s top talent, “Iyanya”. Mr. Elad have been in the shadows for a while now and CB rank him among the top 20 Cameroonian Artists. Mr Elad Recently made his come back with his new debut single, “YAMO”. Watch the video Below:
MC-Media, your trusted first thoughts. Thanks for the visit, don’t forget to do your own ratings in the comment box below.
African Music Artists
- Ndedi Asek Arts Online Display(GALLERY) [grid_plus name=”Ndedi Asek Arts Online Display”]
English Speaking African Music artists from Cameroon | east african music artists | french african music artists | great african music artists | list of african music artists| new african music artists | north african music artists | south african artists music downloads | south african artists music videos | south african female music artists | south african gospel music artists | south african music artists gospel list | south african music artists houses | south african house music artists list | south african music artists in Illuminati | south african music artists | south african music artists from India. African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists African Music Artists